click here to homepage
Welcome to the Health Sciences Investigations (HSI) Journal
- The HSI Journal is an independent, international journal intended for the publication of original articles from the global scientific community. To reach the global community, especially those in resource-limited regions, HSI Journal provides on-line Open Access publications at no cost to authors and readers.
- The HSI journal is a peer-reviewed journal for the communication of research results and policy issues in the health sciences and related disciplines. Our mission is to increase the visibility and impact of health sciences research in Ghana and globally
- ID: Health Sciences Investigations (HSI) Journal
- Electronic ISSN: 2704-4890 (ONLINE)
- Print ISSN: 2720-7609 (PRINT)
- Language: English
- Webspace: hsijournal.org
- Health Sciences Investigations (HSI) Journal publishes manuscripts from basic and clinical health sciences including medicine, biomedicine, pharmacy, nursing, physical therapy, medical laboratory science, environmental health, public health, medical imaging and radiologic technologies and other allied health disciplines. The Journal is dedicated to serving scientists wishing to contribute to knowledge on global health. All HSI Journal publications are in English.
- The Journal publishes original research articles, systematic reviews, case reports, brief communications and letters to the editor. The journal also publishes interviews with global opinion leaders and policy makers on health matters of global relevance. We welcome original contributions that have not been published and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere. Papers accepted for publication are double-blind refereed to ensure academic integrity.
- The HSI Journal's complete issues and individual articles are all open access.
- All content in HSI can be freely accessed here at the journal's official website and also at other subscribed article indexing and archiving platforms. The list of indexed and/or archiving platforms will be continually be updated and displayed on the Journal website.
Frequency of publication
- Online first publications. We provide online first publications (E-Publication FirstTM). All accepted papers are published online soon after completion of the necessary publishing processes. The HSI Journal hosts online PDF and HTML versions of manuscripts that have been peer-reviewed and accepted so that readers can freely access or cite the articles.
- All published articles are subsequently compiled in final printed editions that are produced in two volumes during the reference year.
The HSI Journal Office
- The HSI Journal ais located at the University of Ghana College of Health Sciences, Charles Easmon Building, 2nd floor, Room 21, Korle-Bu, Accra, Ghana. The Journal’s administrative office maintains all subscription records.
The HSI Journal address
- Office address: University of Ghana College of Health Sciences, Charles Easmon Building, 2nd floor, Room 21, P.O Box K52, Korle-Bu, Accra, Ghana.
- Contact email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact numbers:
Mrs Yvonne Okantey: +233 244156175
Prof. Regina Appiah-Opong: +233 249052475
Prof. Christabel Enweronu-Laryea: +233 208154886
- To advertise, reproduce the content in the HSI Journal, or request for printed HSI Journal editions, please send an email to email@example.com or call
Mrs Yvonne Okantey: +233 244156175
Mr Godfred Amoah: +233 244110902
Mr Daniel Abankwa: +233 024953 4022
Article processing charges
- There are no associated publication charges. We invite you to submit manuscripts via the online submission platform. There are no charges to publication in HSI Journal. Solicited reviews, commentaries, and comment letters to the Editor-in-Chief are not subject to print-page charges. New data letters to the Editor-in-Chief are not subject to print-page charges. Authors whose research were supported by grants, special funds or contracts or whose research were done as part of their official duties (government or corporate, etc.) are also not required to pay page charges.
The HSI Journal conforms to the Creative Commons Attribution BY license. This copyright license permits others to distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit us for the original creation. More information on copyright and licensing information can be found creativecommons.org
- All content in the HSI Journal is published by the University of Ghana College of Health Sciences. All rights reserved. The HSI Journal publishes articles in Open Access at no cost to authors to allow for the widest visibility of the article. Upon acceptance of the article, authors will be asked to transfer copyright of the article to the HSI Journal. This will ensure the widest possible protection and dissemination of information under copyright laws.
- The copyright transfer covers the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute articles in the HSI Journal, including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, electronic form (offline, online) or any other reproductions of similar nature. All rights reserved. No part of publications in HSI Journal may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the written permission of the copyright holder. Authors retain all proprietary rights such as patent rights, in any process, procedure or article of manufacture described in the paper. The HSI Journal is Open Access with no publication charges. The copyright to each article is transferred to the University of Ghana College of Health Sciences on behalf of the HSI Journal. when their manuscript is accepted for publication.
- The HSI Journal is committed to supporting standards of ethical behaviour at all stages of the publication process. The HSI Journal adopts a neutral position on issues treated within its publications. It is the responsibility of authors to ensure that they comply with HSI Journal publication standards and guidelines. Our publication ethics conform to the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) Best Practice Guidelines. The COPE standards protect the rights of authors, editors, reviewers and publishers alike, and seeks to uphold the reputation of journals and . The Journal adheres to publication standards of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE; icmje.org), Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE; http://publicationethics.org/), and the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME; www.wame.org).
- The HSI Journal follows double blind peer review policy. The manuscript is sent to two reviewers, who are experts in respective field, to review the paper in the light of journal's guidelines and features of a quality research paper. For manuscript that require revisions, the same reviewers will be used to ensure that the quality of the revised paper is acceptable.
- We operate a transparent peer review process for the HSI Journal where reviewers’ names do not accompany reviewer comments to authors (unless a reviewer opts to include the name), which means that authors by default will not see the reviewers' names but only their comments. By agreeing to provide a report, reviewers understand that their reports will be made available, upon request, under an Open Access license Creative Commons CC-BY license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) if the manuscript is published.
- Opinions and statements expressed in the publications are those of the authors alone, and not of the editors, reviewers or the HSI Journal and its publisher.
- The names, email addresses, and information entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Research suitable for publication
- Please consult the Editorial Policies of the HSI Journal before preparing a manuscript for publication. Manuscripts that are inconsistent with the guidelines shall be declined by the Editor-in-chief without subjecting it to the full review. The HSI author guidelines conform to the ICMJE uniform requirements of manuscripts at http:/www.icmje.org
Vol 1 No 2 (2020): Second Edition in 2020 of the HSI Journal Volume 1 Issue 2 Publication
This is the Second Issue of the HSI Journal Volume 1 in 2020. There are 7 Original Research Articles, 1 Opinion Paper, 2 Medical Case Reports, and a paper on Clinical Images.
The Online-1st Publications have a proofreading watermark for 7 days whiles the paper undergoes quality check for revisions. Articles are then registered with CrossRef DOIs and changes can only be made in the form of an Erratum, which will be hyperlinked to the article. The HSI Journal is a member of CrossRef and subscribes to CrossMark for updating published articles when revisions are posted.
All content in the HSI Journal is published by the University of Ghana College of Health Sciences. All rights reserved. The HSI Journal publishes articles in Open Access at no cost to authors to allow for the widest visibility of the article. All material published in the HSI Journal is for public use and may be printed; however proper referencing and citation are required. The HSI Journal conforms to the Creative Commons Attribution BY license. This copyright license permits others to distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon the published work if the original creation is duly cited.
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this edition (HSI Journal Volume 1 Issue 2) do not reflect the official position of the authors’ affiliated institutions, or the Journal’s editorial board, or the University of Ghana College of Health Sciences. Names of non-authors and the affiliations provided in the HSI Journal are for identification only and do not imply endorsement of the published content by authors.